Monday, November 14, 2011

I Believe...

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends.  To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.  This is to have succeeded."  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well put, Emerson.

I BELIEVE...
  • in a long bubble bath.
  • Michael Buble is always singing me a personal concert. 
  • Train will one day make me their muse.  
  • Nelly and the St. Lunatics are my heroes.  
  • #hashtags make or break a Tweet.
  • every girl should have their own gay boy. 
  • in good grammar. 
  • in roadtrips... and a really awesome playlist.
  • in Christmas Cheer.  (I think it has to do with the weather outside being frightful and the fire being so delightful) 
  • in gender roles ("househusband" just sounds so emasculating).
  • "beauty magazines will only make you feel ugly." -- Baz Luhrman  (and seriously InStyle, call me frugal but $248 for a pair of pants is not such a great deal)
  • So what if you threw up on the floor of a bar (or in your hands) mid (or post) shot round.  Probably not that many people noticed anyways.  (maybe just don't go back to that bar (or out in public) for a while.)  **In my attempt to make this my happy place, I will not mention names.  I will only guarantee these events have happened.
  • distance makes the heart grow fonder.
  • "In a thing called love... Just listen to the rhythm of my heart." -- The Darkness
  • one of the greatest things in life is to hear a song that describes exactly how you are feeling at the time.  Even better: a song from the past.  Best: attached to a memory.
  • "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be" -- Douglas Adams   

Love to all, 
Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment