Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Reason for Existance

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, so here goes nothing...

My name is Kelsey, and I am addicted to products.

I came to realize this when I went to Wal-Mart for one thing: facewash. Thats it, nothing else.

Mom... Please don't read the rest, and if you do I'm sorry for the credit card bill... It's a sickness.

Here's the end result...

Shampoo and Conditioner (new brand!)
Lip balm/gloss/color (triple threat, say what?!)
Burt's Bee's Hand Creme and Cutical Creme (important grooming details that should not be ignored)
Aloe Vera infused socks and gloves (to lock in the moisture, duh)
Revlon Post Trauma Nail Treatment (it fills ridges, which I totally have)
A Conair hair curling wand (best investment EVER!)
A shower scrub brush with a handle to reach the tricky places (exfoliation is a must in the winter, and it had "natural bristles")
Shaving lotion (the word "cashmere" was used)

Oh yeah, and I got facewash.

In my defense, it had been a rough week and I really do believe in the power of retail therapy... especially when you're buying things to make you feel pretty.

Needless to say, I am a sucker for marketing tactics (maybe that's why Marketing is my major). I am also a product whore. I will basically try any product that promises a unique experience, and either fall in love or feel the guilt of buying something ridiculous I am never going to use again (I could have at least got McDonald's with that money).

For those of you with the same "sickness", I have created this blog just for you. I am just a regular chick with honest opinions on everything out there that seems to work like "magic" and would like to hear other's opinions as well. Then we can all at least spend the money we don't have on shit that actually works.

Love to all,
Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment