Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Of The Day...

Noted Blessing: I have great hair.

Commercial Truth: "I wear yoga pants because I'm too lazy for real pants."

Quote: "Kiss your life. Accept it just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness your waiting for do not pass you by. Kiss your life today. Now. Just as it is."

MOOD: Inspired

MOM ADVICE: Know when to listen to her "suggestions". My mom has told me all my life I could never have bangs because my face is too round (most recently: "Maybe once you get your wisdom teeth out your cheeks won't be so chubby"... If anyone can think of a self respecting answer to that question, please let me know). I got bangs about a month ago (for the first time in my life). I love them and they make me happy. Also, the words "more mature", "chic", and "slimmer face" have been used by numerous people... so suck it, Mom.

On the other hand, her "suggestions" are probably a big part of my quest for never ending beauty and reason for the existence of this blog. All her backhanded (and fronthanded) "suggestions" come from a good place. Since I learned that it has been a lot easier to find her rational point and A) not respond B) exhibit temporary signs of deafness C) walk away D) use some combination of the above. (Gene perk: When I for real don't listen and am called out on it later, I get to blame it on the fact I am 100% my father -- Thanks Daddy!)

SIDEBAR: Mom, this was not meant to throw you under the bus. I was just having a particularly good bang day, and that got my thoughts rolling. I know you have Erin's and my best interests at heart with your unsolicited advice, and I really do appreciate everything you do... more than you know. Anything I say about you is more about what I have learned about myself from you, and I hope this helps you understand where I'm coming from. Your the best! (Maybe when I finally get my wisdom teeth out my face will actually be slimmer, and you can tell me to suck it... fingers crossed, I guess)

LYRIC: "I never lived the dreams of the prom kings and the drama queens. I'd like to think the best of me is still hiding up my sleeve." - John Mayer


Buster Pic:







No comments:

Post a Comment